Sunday, March 14, 2010

'I can hardly relax or even oversleep...'

Umm… so… I met a boy. Well, actually, I met two. But only one caused me to have to leave the building in order to get the ridiculous smile – my friend Shelly calls it “the boy smile” – off my face and quit giggling.

But that’s all I’m going to say about that.

Anyway, church this morning was quite nice, although I wished I was sitting in the front. I was only three rows back, but I was between Eleanor and Jack, and I just felt self-conscious most of the time, and couldn’t get into it very well.

Their church is a step more Pentecostal than BHBC and a step less so than the church that the Hardys (used to?) go to. They are, as one of the members told me, “a motley crew,” which is just where I fit in. They are all unusual and friendly and real, and it’s nice. I think when I get used to it I will like it very much, and be able to worship very freely.

After church – ahem.

After we left the church building, we went out to eat at a Chinese restaurant. Oh my goodness, it was the best thing ever. It was my ideal kind of meal – you pay one price and then you can pick as many things as you want and as much of them as you want from the menu, and the server puts it all in the middle of the table and everyone shares. So I just let them pick things, and everything was incredibly delicious, and I could have a little bit of about twenty different things which is my favorite way to eat at restaurants.

I like duck.

And then Neapolitan ice cream afterward. But not fortune cookies.

And then we came home and played on the Wii fit and I fell asleep on the couch and now Jack and Jan have taken Eleanor back to the train station and they’re off meeting with a couple from their church who are going to America for a week for teaching and preaching and I am here writing.

I am rather sleepy, so this isn’t very long or interesting.

But since I’m going to Oxford on Tuesday you should get some more interesting posts after that.

Has anyone (besides Thad, who I am certain has) figured out where my post titles are coming from?

Isn’t it amazing how saying one word to one person can cause a half dozen things you’ve said to people in the past (or, more accurately, one thing you’ve said to half a dozen people) to disintegrate into entire falsehood?

I claim circumstantial variance.

10 comments:

Thaddaeus said...

Ha ha, the brevity and levity of this post amused me. I'm not sure levity is the right word, but how many times do you get to use brevity and levity together? and i'm using html tags just for fun, cuz i do them for work.

Joe said...

I just spent my afternoon catching up on your trip and had to stop to make tea in the middle. Sounds like you are having a great adventure that I am a bit jealous of. Maybe someday I will actually make it over the pond to see the great architecture in person that you have shown in pictures. Keep the writing coming.

loisgroat said...

Rebecca figured it out right away.

Anonymous said...

Re: Your first couple of sentences. Could we get you to say more if we begged? Looking forward to your Oxford trip review. Praying for you to stay healthy and have a great time. Love You, Grandma Sally

loisgroat said...

If you say yes, we will definitely beg!

ransomedhandmaiden said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
ransomedhandmaiden said...

thad - i looked up the definition for levity. it's the right word.

mommy and grandma sally - not yet.

ransomedhandmaiden said...

additional note - facebook stalking reveals that aforementioned boy may fall into the kyle/mike category. further investigation is necessary.

(thad can explain.)

Shan said...

Ah! I love a good mystery. ;)

J- now that you have been there for 1 week, are you thinking that 2 months is going to be enough time, or are you already wishing for more?

Rine said...

That's so cool!! Wow. I like exploring places like that too, except the cemetery was probably... alot... bigger.
Hope you have lots more fun on your trip!
~Katie and Olympia